Gentiva - Customer Care Review

Please do not use this company without doing research on the gentiva in your area, our area is Grayson GA and we are very disappointed. my dad has only been home for two days and already this company has been totally unorganized and pretty much dropped off medicine and left us to try to figure it out with reading material or either talk to a condescending rude phone nurse that basically also tells us to just figure it out based on what he needs, we are not doctors or nurses so none of us know what he needs. They will sell you the dream of having someone there to help your loved one through their terminal illness and say they will make them as comfortable as possible but they so far have only supplied reading material, equipment and medicine and left us to figure out the rest.

Review about: Gentiva Hospice Service.

Comments

Gentiva
Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1267181
Gentiva Verified Representative

Hello, please know we take your concerns very seriously. I would like to send your comments to the faciliy administration for investigation, however, I will need more information before I am able.

Please let me know the name of the Gentiva location, along with your contact information, and I will connect you to someone in administration. For your privacy, I can be reached at joy.sautter@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication.

As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Kudos for Las Cruces Gentiva Home Health Care

5.0

Gentiva in las Cruces NM right now is the best in town. From Customer Service to Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapist, Nurses are very compassionate, professional, and treat the patients with respect but also like one of their own family.

They are committed to make the patients feel at ease and make sure to give feedback on how our health is improving. Always ask if we have new medications and ask to see them. We'd been calling for their services several times and we really appraised them as outstanding and over the top agency.

TOP NOTCH PROFESSIONALS!!! Thank you Gentiva Kudos

This reviewer shared experience about good customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Gentiva. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gentiva.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers category for more informed decision or compare Gentiva to other companies on our site.

Gentiva - Simple Review #1479773359

1.2
Additional Fees

They are arrogant money grabbers. The patient comes after their egos and greed.

Avoid these people. If you have Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance, then they will be sent your way. I do not understand that one. BCBS is reputable and fair in their dealings with me as a customer, but these people ruin the whole soup.

Review about: Gentiva Home Health Care.

Gentiva - New experience hopefully

Dunwoody, Georgia 0 comments

I had a previous bad experience with Gentiva Sandy Springs over a year ago and did not want to use them. However, I was told that they were the only home health to accept my grandmother so I let them see my grandmother.

The nurse that came out was ok but I got a call from the new adminstrator, Krista I think, and she really nice and helpful. I fee like she really cares about patients.

She made sure my grandmother got supplies and even called the doctor to ask for physical therapy. Maybe with this new person things are better now.

This reviewer shared experience about good customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Gentiva. the best about gentiva nurse from Gentiva was new administrator. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Gentiva - Misrepresentation

San Antonio, Texas 1 comment

The Genitiva "team" of employees who visited my dad in the hospital were very misleading. One of the many half truths that I was told is that the transportation from the hospital to their facility would be covered by medicare 100%.

I have received a bill from the ambulance and the response that i received from Gentiva is " I keep telling them not to tell people that". My dad is now paying for this bill. They have a used car sales approach. My dad was also heavily sedated for "pain" that he did not have.

I removed him from their facility the same day and transferred him to Hope Hospice. I am an RN and I was very pleased with Hope Hospice.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of sales tactics. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "misleading sales" of a product or service. Gentiva needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gentiva.

Houston, Texas, United States #1286387

We are having used car salesmen problems with this company too

Don't sign LOVED ones up for Gentiva Hospice Athens Georgia!

Hartwell, Georgia 1 comment

My precious mother has been a heart patient with amazing fight and zeal and has had amazing care for 40 years from cardiologists, family and family Doctors and nurses. Under the advice of a Gentiva Sales person whom we knew from another place, I signed my mom up with Gentiva Hospice.

They promised her cardiologist would be the "attending physician." That NEVER happened. They said the earlier you signed up people the better they do and it wasn't like it use to be (just death care). That is not true. Then they sent a VERY inexperienced nurse to our home who never answered ONE question.

He always had to call someone. He brought doctors orders ONLY from their staff doctors who never met or examined mom, and NOT ONCE consulted our cardiologist. More than once, we had unwelcome "staff" who showed up, did nothing but say hello and have me sign their pad so they could bill. It's ALL about the money - not medical care.

When mom got high fluid build up, we took her to the ER as we had before for extra lasix and a catheter to drain it. All went well in the ER, then they put her in the GENITIVA HOSPICE wing of the hospital. There they took her off all 18 of her medicines and started pumping her full of morphine (even though she had no pain) and atavan to "make her comfortable." That's ALL they do. Since her diuretics and all heart medicine were discontinued all at once, she died a fast and awful death in 3 days - drowning in her own heart fluid while I held her and tried to get help.

Friends and family were stunned at her sudden death. Had I known this is how Gentiva Hospice operates, I would NEVER have signed her up for this horrible company and this hospital death ward. I immediately cancelled this service for my still living but sick father and got him a new primary care doctor and home health visits. I pray whomever is reading this will NOT make the same mistakes.

I can't get mom back. Get your loved ones real medical care. Do they get money or some kind of points for the number of people that die in their care - or on this wing?

I wonder.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Gentiva. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Covington, Georgia, United States #1236092

Who do you recommend for care?

Gentiva/Kindred Not About Patient First

Lewisville, Texas 1 comment

Atlanta Billing Director stated in front of 3 staff members. "I do not care if there is a consent form or not" I will bill the patient and outstanding funds and send to collections to get Gentiva's money." "Most of the time a patient does not remember if we told them they would owe any money or not" It is Gentiva's money and who cares about what the patient says!

This is a true statement and I was appalled. Do not admit your loved ones to this type of situation.

They do not care about your loved ones! I KNOW FIRST HAND!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Gentiva. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gentiva.

Comments

Gentiva
Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1218130
Gentiva Verified Representative

Hello, I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. We take your concerns seriously and I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly.

Our goal is to respond to you within 48 hours. Please send your contact information to joy.sautter@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication.

As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager of Online Reputation, Kindred Healthcare

Gentiva - Sanitary Conditions Review from Dallas, North Carolina

Dallas, North Carolina 1 comment
1.3
Additional Fees

Some Gentiva home care employees at the Gastonia, North Carolina facility needs retraining on customer service / personal hygiene / and Sanitary Procedures. They don't wash there hands and when they do they use the kitchen sink.

Why not the bathroom sink where you can wash off the germs and not contaminate the food area ??

When they take blood from a patient they leave needles/ bloody gause and other Bio-Hazards on the kitchen table or your other tables and leave, what's this for the word of Sanitary and intelligence. ??

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Gentiva. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gentiva to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gentiva and gentiva sanitary conditions for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Dallas, North Carolina, United States #1215166

we are experiencing about the same. very unsatisfied also

Gentiva - Simple Review #1473004005

Princeton, Indiana 0 comments

Terrible and rude nurses ! Do not use their services unless you hate your family member.

The nurse Paula was extremely rude and wrong.

Their oncall nurse was too busy telling a story to take care of my moms emergency . DO NOT USE THEM .

Review about: Hospice Care.

Gentiva - A Highly Unethical Organization

Albuquerque, New Mexico 1 comment

I worked for Gentiva/Kindred Healthcare for 3 months as a marketing representative.

I was hired by an Area Manager who appeared very professional but one month later a new Sales Manager was hired for my division.

This new Sales Manager was verbally abusive and discriminatory which I reported to the Area Manager.

After bringing this abuse to managements attention...I was promptly dismissed.

My short career at Gentiva Hispice was extremely negative and very disappointing.

The moral compass of a company starts at the top and unfortunately Gentiva is not an organization with high standards.

Sadly, this lack of ethics is passed down to employees who are tasked with taking care of hospice patients.

For that reason; I would not recommend utilizing Gentiva or Kindred Healthcare to take care of a loved one.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "lack of ethics " of gentiva customer care. Gentiva needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gentiva customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gentiva.

#1204009

Thanks wish I had read this before we choose them for my mother but we have experienced it first hand unfortunately and it does start at the top just makes me sad we did not choose better for our mom hope other people read this and choose better than Gentiva and kindred care