I had a lumbar spinal fusion and was set up with Gentiva (Newberry SC) for PT.I was scheduled to have 3 months of PT and got 5 visits and they never showed back up.

I called and the secretary had one of the therapist (Gary) call me back. He blamed it on my insurance company and said I should have not been seen for the last visit (this was 2 weeks after the last visit). No communication with me on this. He then wanted to come out and do my discharge and I refused as my surgeon had not released me from therapy.

I immediately called my insurance company and was told I was authorized for 12 weeks of therapy. My surgeon was disappointed and made it clear he did not release me. I spoke with the Gentiva rep (Debra) who promised she would check into it and call me back- she never did. I then receive a bill for $587.

Everyone I spoke with said there was nothing they could do. I was clearly forgotten without accurate explanation or apology.

Do not use these people...they are dishonest, unprofessional and no good.Christie, PTA is the only good thing I can say about them- she tried and needs to work somewhere better.

Review about: Gentiva Medical Care.

Comments