Awful experience - Gentiva Brentwood Tn

My mom was using their services after a house stay and they were awful. The nursing staff was good but their dependability was the worse.

We had their service for 14 weeks and only saw them for 6 weeks. They never showed when their suppose to arrive. Poor communication.

Called office several times but the issue wasn't resolved. Bad experience.

Gentiva Home Health Care

Very poor service. Sit here all day on the 7th of July.

Two workers scheduled. One shows up for ten minutes. It is almost four o'clock in the afternoon and the other Health Worker has not called or shown up. What kind of outfit is this.

I would change my name also if that is the kind of health care they provide. This company, from all I have read and experienced, needs to be shut down. I found it to be true that folks who work for Gentiva are not showing up when they said they would. I have been here with my wife waiting all day to get the service promised.

No phone calls, no show.

I can see why Gentiva is in trouble financially. No one wants them for unprofessional management.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

I didn't like: Lack of communication.

Comments

People need to get together. Things are not going to change except their name if the community doesnt unite.

The company lets you complain and sends everone the same response. Look at their responses.

I worked for this company for a coue months and am so happy i got out when i did. They are a law suit waiting to happen

BTW: Gentiva has now changed their name by either simply changing it to Kindred at Home,mor by buying or merging with Kindred at Home. The same lack of communication and professionalism exists with Kindred at Home. I would ask my insurer to let me change companies, but I do like the Physical Therpist very much and she is a new hire for Kindred.

to Marcia #1578408

Where are you from. Im sure your right about your comment.

The only way things change is when people get together. Knowledge is POWER

Gentiva Billing Services

3.8

The physical therapy service I received were wonderful. My complaint is about billing.

An invoice posted twice to my account. The representative indicated on 2 separate occasions that it must have been a glitch in the system. The "glitch" was not corrected within 3 weeks. No other opportunities or information is given to assist with billing issues and the representative hung up the telephone after I did not accept her explanation.

All I wanted was to understand and have the duplicate invoice removed from my account even though it was stated that I was not billed twice.

The physical therapy services I received were wonderful and this just put a bad flavor or customer service. I do have insurance but it is an HSA and since I am paying directly out of pocket, I want my account to be straight.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Physical therapy.

I didn't like: Billing.

Gentiva - Customer Care Review

Please do not use this company without doing research on the gentiva in your area, our area is Grayson GA and we are very disappointed. my dad has only been home for two days and already this company has been totally unorganized and pretty much dropped off medicine and left us to try to figure it out with reading material or either talk to a condescending rude phone nurse that basically also tells us to just figure it out based on what he needs, we are not doctors or nurses so none of us know what he needs. They will sell you the dream of having someone there to help your loved one through their terminal illness and say they will make them as comfortable as possible but they so far have only supplied reading material, equipment and medicine and left us to figure out the rest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Comments

Gentiva
Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1267181
Gentiva Verified Representative

Hello, please know we take your concerns very seriously. I would like to send your comments to the faciliy administration for investigation, however, I will need more information before I am able.

Please let me know the name of the Gentiva location, along with your contact information, and I will connect you to someone in administration. For your privacy, I can be reached at joy.sautter@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication.

As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Kudos for Las Cruces Gentiva Home Health Care

5.0

Gentiva in las Cruces NM right now is the best in town. From Customer Service to Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapist, Nurses are very compassionate, professional, and treat the patients with respect but also like one of their own family.

They are committed to make the patients feel at ease and make sure to give feedback on how our health is improving. Always ask if we have new medications and ask to see them. We'd been calling for their services several times and we really appraised them as outstanding and over the top agency.

TOP NOTCH PROFESSIONALS!!! Thank you Gentiva Kudos

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Gentiva - Simple Review #1479773359

1.2
Additional Fees

They are arrogant money grabbers. The patient comes after their egos and greed.

Avoid these people. If you have Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance, then they will be sent your way. I do not understand that one. BCBS is reputable and fair in their dealings with me as a customer, but these people ruin the whole soup.

Gentiva/Kindred Not About Patient First

Atlanta Billing Director stated in front of 3 staff members. "I do not care if there is a consent form or not" I will bill the patient and outstanding funds and send to collections to get Gentiva's money." "Most of the time a patient does not remember if we told them they would owe any money or not" It is Gentiva's money and who cares about what the patient says!

This is a true statement and I was appalled. Do not admit your loved ones to this type of situation.

They do not care about your loved ones! I KNOW FIRST HAND!

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Comments

Gentiva
Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1218130
Gentiva Verified Representative

Hello, I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. We take your concerns seriously and I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly.

Our goal is to respond to you within 48 hours. Please send your contact information to joy.sautter@kindred.com Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication.

As an alternative, you may call our anonymous compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager of Online Reputation, Kindred Healthcare

Gentiva - A Highly Unethical Organization

I worked for Gentiva/Kindred Healthcare for 3 months as a marketing representative.

I was hired by an Area Manager who appeared very professional but one month later a new Sales Manager was hired for my division.

This new Sales Manager was verbally abusive and discriminatory which I reported to the Area Manager.

After bringing this abuse to managements attention...I was promptly dismissed.

My short career at Gentiva Hispice was extremely negative and very disappointing.

The moral compass of a company starts at the top and unfortunately Gentiva is not an organization with high standards.

Sadly, this lack of ethics is passed down to employees who are tasked with taking care of hospice patients.

For that reason; I would not recommend utilizing Gentiva or Kindred Healthcare to take care of a loved one.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Reason of review: Lack of ethics .

#1204009

Thanks wish I had read this before we choose them for my mother but we have experienced it first hand unfortunately and it does start at the top just makes me sad we did not choose better for our mom hope other people read this and choose better than Gentiva and kindred care

Gentiva - No Communication, poor service

1.5
Additional Fees

Gentiva was assigned by primary care as physical therapy provider for my parents. Seemed good at first left a lot of information concerning the therapy, then it all went in the hand basket.

Scheduling was a nightmare as my parents had other Dr. appointments and Gentiva was not flexible at all. Your choice is when they selected or not. It was clear from the beginning that the only concern was for medicare billing.

not my parents. Communication was impossible even after several attempts, customer feedback during treatment is not possible. Final notes by Gentiva contained falsifications.

Stay away from this company of you have any choice at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Information provided.

I didn't like: Service, Lack of communication, Defensive attitude, False statements.

Comments

Hello, please know that we take these concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to discuss them directly. I've passed along your review to the facility administration and I would like to follow up with you personally. Please send me an email with your contact information to joy.sautter@kindred.com Thank you, Joy Sautter, Manager of Online Reputation, Kindred Healthcare

Gentiva - Worst wound care ever

The initial intake notes specified "skilled nursing 2 times per week for 8 weeks with an additional 3 visits as necessary. They NEVER came 2 times a week.

They only left additional wound care supplies if requested and then reluctantly. When they did come they barely had time to clean and pack the wound, were dismissive of the Dr.s orders, and they were rude to the patient. Repeated phone calls to the supervisor were either not returned or not given the consideration they deserved.

I WILL verify that the insurance company was not charged for 2 visits per week. If they were that would be insurance fraud in addition to the absolutely substandard care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gentiva Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

• Wound Care

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1306077

I agree, Gentiva provides the worst wound care ever. I get back to my client in a week and see that care has obviously "not" been provided properly.

The wound had tripled in size, nor had this fact even been reported! Did I mention this is after the fact of another wound they were providing care for led to losing two toes?

Really Gentiva, I know you can't perform miracles but please atleast do your job properly. I see the improvements in my clients with other companies, never with yours.

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that we take these concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to discuss them directly.